Build a shelter
- Take the driftwood in B1.
- Take at least 5 reeds from B4 or B5.
- Go to D2 (where the trees are).
craft shady shelter from tree, wood, reeds
go in shelter
- Now that you have a shelter you will want to spend pretty much every waking minute in it to get out of the sun.
Set fish traps
craft fish trap from reeds (craft at least three of these)
- Go to some nearby water (like D0 or D4).
drop trap (drop all of your traps)
- Go to D2.
take plant repeatedly until it disappears and stops giving you leaves.
drop leaf until you have no more leaves.
- You should be able to accomplish all this before it starts raining.
- The jungle leaves lying on the ground will fill up with water during the rain storm.
- Optionally you can pick up the water bottle in B4 and use it for auxiliary water storage.
take water with bottle
- Making a hat isn't necessary but it will help with heat and dehydration when you're outside.
craft fetching hat from reeds then
- For kicks,
craft HOME-SWEET-HOME mat from reeds and
drop mat it in your shelter.
wait to while away the rest of the day in the shelter.
sleep as soon as you can.
- You do not want to go to bed too hungry or thirsty because you will wake up with low energy.
- At the same time, if your hunger/hydration level is pretty good don't waste the resources by topping off.
- You can eat any fish you have caught. If you
go up tree you will find red figs and a coconut, which you can also eat.
Day 2 (Hotter)
- Go to your fish traps.
take fish until there are no more.
- You will want to collect fish every morning.
- There isn't much to do on day 2, so now is a good time to collect items you will need in the future.
- Empty your inventory at home so you are unencumbered.
- Clothing doesn't encumber you so leave it on.
- Take a quick walk around the island and pick up:
palm tree log
dune grass (x2)
Day 3 (Hottest)
- It will rain today.
- Make sure you're fully hydrated just before the rain so there are as many empty leaves on the ground as possible.
- There isn't much to do other than stay indoors and
Day 4 (Cool)
- Today isn't cold enough to warrant a fire.
- Night will be unpleasant but suffer through it.
- Just make sure you're well fed before you go to bed because if you start starving (indirectly due to cold) you will take damage.
Day 5 (Cold)
Light a fire
- Go outside (i.e. not in shelter) some time in the afternoon/evening to conserve fuel.
- Don't wait too late because then there won't be enough light to start a fire.
craft fire from grass with lens
- At this point you have an ember that will burn out very quickly.
put log in fire
- The palm tree log should be enough fuel to get you through the night. Do not burn the driftwood.
- Stay outside until night for warmth from the sun.
- If you leave the room with the fire it will no longer warm you.
- You will still be extremely cold at night.
- That's ok. You're just trying to survive.
Day 6 (Storm)
Collect things that have washed ashore
- Collect driftwood in A3.
- Collect tangled fishing line in B4
- Collect driftwood in E3
Craft an axe
craft blade from flint with stone
craft crude axe from blade, driftwood, fishing line
Fell a tree
- Empty your inventory so you can carry a log.
- Go to room D2.
take tree with axe
Prepare to collect rain
- It will rain again today. Prepare to collect it you need more water.
Light a fire
- Let your fire from the previous night go out on its own. You don't need it during the day.
- Again, in the evening, craft a fire. Start it before the rain arrives or your tinder will be wet and you won't be able to!
put log in fire
- Put any remaining wood in the fire.
- You will still be extremely cold at night and probably be unable to sleep.
- During the rain stay inside your shelter or you will be even colder.
- You will need all the energy you can get tomorrow.
- Make sure your hunger and hydration are near 100% before you go to sleep.
- If you played well up until now your health should also be near 100%.
Day 7 (Victory!)
- Don't bother if you already have a fish to eat.
- Eat and drink to bring hunger and hydration to 100%.
- You will undoubtedly have low energy from being unable to sleep through the night.
sleep (you can now that the weather is nice again)
- The instant you wake up your energy is as high as it's going to get given your condition.
- If you don't have enough energy you'll drown trying to swim to the mainland.
go east repeatedly and swim all the way home.
- You win!